Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sorry Fugu


All together I greatly enjoyed the play Sorry Fugu. In the beginning of the play I was skeptical as to if I would like or not because of the word for word recital of the short story. I figured the play would consist of long boring monologues with little to no action in terms of acting. Needless to say I was wrong. I soon found myself laughing at the way the quirky actors managed to bring to bring the tory to life out on stage. The characters were all very unique and entertaining to watch. The dances that they performed were hilarious, and the characters that the actors developed were equally hilarious.
The actual story is about a restaurant owner named Albert D'Angelo. It focuses on his struggle to please one of the city’s most scrutinizing food critics. The play focuses on his struggles to please her and her fiancés’ very picky taste. The food critic gives every restaurant she reviews three tries, and after quickly failing during her first two visits it becomes clear that the fate of his restaurant depends on the third and final visit. The story is an emotional tale about a cooks passion for food and his restaurant.
I believe that if I had read this short story I would have been very bored by it and probably put it down, but through the acting and reciting I enjoyed it and it was over before I knew it. I recommend this play to anyone that likes food and comedy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment